Digital Developer Team: Creative Team Location: All locations Reports to: Creative Director
William Joseph is looking to add a dedicated digital developer to its team. As the digital developer, you will be responsible for creating database-driven web applications that adhere to the industry's best practices and W3C standards.
We all have a voice at William Joseph, and we are all expected to use it. We don’t let our egos get in the way of innovation. At William Joseph, everyone’s opinion matters, and idea generation is the most important product of our collaboration as a team.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate friendly and professional interpersonal skills, is self-motivated, highly organized, and above all passionate about everything to do with the web. A desire to learn new technologies and methods is also expected.
- Cross-browser and cross-platform testing.
- Consulting and providing recommendations where appropriate to enhance functionality and usability for internal and client projects.
- Maintenance and upgrades to existing web sites and applications.
- Documenting code.
- Delivering client training.
- Research and development with new technologies.
- Social Media Application Development
- Mobile Web & Application Development
- Object Oriented Programming / Analysis / Design
- Working with client technologies PC/Mac, Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Strong sense of project ownership and pride in finished work.
- High attention to detail.
- Desire to push the boundaries of our technology.
- You are passionate about the web and technology, and take pride in everything you work on, no matter how big or how small.
- Strong problem solving skills: “I don’t know” is not in your vocabulary.
- Leadership abilities
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in computer science, web design certification, or equivalent work experience.
- In depth knowledge of HTML / CSS and PHP.
- Experience with database technologies, particularly MySQL.
- Experience with Content Management Systems, particularly WordPress.
- Capable of creating high quality and well-tested code in a fast-paced agency environment.
- Ability to work efficiently to adhere to project deadlines.
- Ability to strongly contribute to a team atmosphere, while drawing from your individual experience and skills.
To apply send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org