Team: Accounts Team
Reports to: Director of Accounts
As Account Manager, the focus of the role is to manage, maintain, collaborate, and develop relationships with William Joseph’s clients to ensure the smooth, effective running of the marketing services requested and the maximization of revenue through product and program development. The Account Manager serves as the clients’ primary point of contact.
An Account Manager is responsible for being the client's representative at William Joseph, as well as William Joseph’s representative at the client's organization. The Account Manager must ensure that a client receives the best possible product and service by establishing and maintaining the William Joseph experience on each account.
Internally, Account Managers must function as team facilitators and communicate the client's needs clearly to the entire team. Account Managers must also develop and maintain a good working knowledge of the client's business, and all aspects of the services William Joseph provides to ensure that the client receive the best possible products to meet their needs. Account Managers must develop good working relationships with all clients to ensure repeat business, as well as referrals. This position is considered a management position and is overtime exempt.
We all have a voice at William Joseph, and we are all expected to use it. We don’t let our egos get in the way of innovation. At William Joseph, everyone’s opinion matters, and idea generation is the most important product of our collaboration as a team.
- CLIENT CARE AND SERVICE
- Plans, executes and evaluates each accounts business.
- Prepares and provides a project brief to the client to ensure all aspects of a project are clearly documented and confirmed.
- Manages the expectations of the client by keeping projects on track (on time and on budget).
- Ensures the client understands the project schedule and that delays affect timelines and final deliverables.
- Oversees projects to stay on time and on budget and are completed within the assigned timeframe allocated for the project.
- Finds innovative ways to serve clients who are non-responsive to traditional project steps and processes.
- Ensures the client understands and signs off on all contracts and amendments before beginning or continuing a project.
- Faithfully observes the William Joseph client service process without exception.
- Monitors projects for scope and amends contracts with client written approval.
- Supplies client agreements with first client contract.
- Reviews and oversees all proofs that leave the shop and are the last set of eyes from a quality control perspective on a project before it is finalized by the client or a printer.
- Executes each account’s business.
- Listens to client, responds to all calls and emails in a timely manner.
- Ensures all required materials are acquired from the client for project development.
- Ensures that creative briefs are approved by the client for all projects.
- Logs all hours on daily timesheet.
- Observes and respects all process in place.
- Provides the client up-to-date information on their projects.
- DOCKET MANAGEMENT AND BILLING
- Updates all docket contracts, pertinent changes and revisions and any other information relevant to the job.
- Ensures clients and profits information remains current for client account projects.
- Ensures all alterations and proofs follow WJ process requirements and that dockets are updated to reflect this.
- Provides clear and concise direction and support to members of the project team.
- Assists in the creation of creative briefs for all projects to ensure all aspects of a project are clearly documented and confirmed.
- Arranges, facilitates, and documents meetings between departments to complete client projects.
- Ensures the Account Director is aware of the status of all projects and deadlines.
- Communicates objectives, concerns and any changes to a project status to the Account Director.
- Provide departments with client feedback at end of project
- Expertly manages customer expectations.
- INTERNAL SUPPORT
- Exemplifies William Joseph experience through day-to-day actions.
- Acts as company advocate and embodies William Joseph values.
- Formats all documents as per William Joseph brand standards.
- Demonstrates incredible attention to detail, leaving no stone unturned to ensure that the client receives excellence in service, remaining within the pre-determined scope and timelines set for a particular project.
- Manages multiple projects and maintains tight timelines, often working around strict, and sometimes sudden deadlines.
- Demonstrates creative, dynamic and flexible approaches to problems, and resolves issues in timely and professional manner.
- Supports other team members in a fast-paced, controlled chaotic environment, often working long hours and occasionally evenings or weekends to meet deadlines.
- Observe and respect all William Joseph processes in place.
- Strives to meet William Joseph’s Core Competencies.
- Other duties as required.
- Cheerful and professional.
- Good sense of humour.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative and imaginative in day-to-day work.
- Excellence in written and oral communication, including outstanding presentation skills.
- Excellence in interpersonal skills, especially in situations involving consensus and team-building with strong problem-solving skills related to project and account management.
- Relationship management skills and skills in negotiation and leadership.
- Works well independently and as a team; motivated self-starter able to work in a client-focused environment.
- Possesses passion for your job, professionalism in your role, and a drive to excel.
Click here to submit your application.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, communications and advertising.
- Five years or more experience in an account service capacity.